Monday, September 10, 2007

Project 1 Topic

Part 1:
For my first project I will be writing about full day kindergarten in schools and I will base this argument on the choice of, “Despite popular opinion, full day kindergarten is a great experience. To more narrow down the subject I will look into many aspects of the issue. Is there enough money to pay the teachers to work a full day? Is there enough money to have the program be open a full day? Does full day kindergarten effect the development of a child that age? How do parents and educators feel about the subject? These are the questions that I will try to find answers for in my research.
Part 2:
The criteria that I will need to establish for my argument is…
1. The criteria to see if Money involved in the program is the issue…
a. Where does the money go?
b. Do parents pay for kindergarten or do they pay for anything?
c. Why private schools offer program and public schools do not?
i. Look for the information at the states education website
2. The criteria to see if the development of the child is harmed are the issue…
a. The well-being of the child after a full day
b. Does the child benefit or fail
c. Is there any reason a child be over worked
i. Look for information in psych journals or also on the states website
3. The criteria to see if the opinions of the parents and educators are the issue…
a. Parents opinions
b. Educators opinions
c. Does this change the opinions of where parents send there children?
d. Does this change where kindergarten teachers take there jobs?

No comments: