Monday, August 27, 2007

Keeping Mom

How does a person begin to describe the most horrific moment of their life? There really never seems to be a way to express how you are feeling in order to make others understand what was going through your mind at the time of the event. My most horrific moment happened about a year ago, my mother had her annual mamogram and although she didn't seem nervous everyone in my family could tell that she was. Breast cancer is common in my family and it is hard to think that maybe I may be the next one or that even my mother might be the next victum. Going back to my story, my mother had had her exam and when the results came in there seemed to be a spot on the x-ray. When I found out I was in shock and I can just remember thinking, "I can't lose my mom, not mine!" Thank god for modern medicine there are always mistakes. Another test was taken and it turned out to only be a shadow and nothing more. I was so relieved.

2 comments:

Miss R said...

Such scarey situation. Thank God everything was ok. Janescastle

Unknown said...

That is a frightening experience!